Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Friends of Asphalt has a new leader

   A couple of years ago Mayor for Life Pawlowski helped form a group called "Friends of the Parks" to help push his "Pave the Parks" agenda.

  I saw on the Morning Call Blog that they picked a new leader. Another pom pom Polly to push the big plan to make the park, "BETTER."

   Nothing improves a Park like paving it. You save a lot of money not having to mow the grass. Without Grass and other plants, you don't have to worry about stupid crap like pollen making you sneeze.

   And who wants to ride their bike on dirt paths?

   That's too bumpy! You might have to slow down to avoid the parents pushing their 4 month old baby in a stroller and who wants to do that?
  I was walking the dog and my wife pushing the stroller and some jerk rode his bike between us sideswiping the stroller. Then he bitched at us for walking in the middle of the path. I guess we should have been walking in the creek where the bikes can't go, but they will probably get around to filling it in and paving it eventually.
  My Mom remembers when you could walk in the parkway and people were nice. It's not that way anymore. Thanks Mayor.
   I was thinking I should carry a big broom handle around in the park between me and my wife. Lets see some ass### try and cut between us then. On second thought, I give up.

   So go ahead, pave the parks. I won't be using them anymore anyway, we are moving to Upper Milford just outside of Emmaus. They still have parks out there. At least for a while.

3 comments:

  1. You're moving! Sure, rub it in our faces you lucky SOB! But really, good for you. I know I could move if I took a loss like a lot of others but I'm fighting instead of getting pushed out. I can understand your view tho. Pretty soon the dangers and the hassles overcome the point of it being worthwhile to make a stand.
    Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good riddance, Take your foul mouth to Emmaus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pussy blog for pussies

    ReplyDelete

Political correctness isn't my strong suit.