Thursday, October 22, 2009

I watched the Mayoral "debate". I think Allentown is lost

I have written this election off. Then last night I had a choice. I could watch the paint dry in the bedroom I painted, or I could watch the debate before the Phils kicked some Blue Dodger butt.
  It was a tough decision, but my wife wanted to watch, and if I wanted peace during the Phils, I had to go along.
  About halfway through my wife turned to me and says "What planet does the mayor live on?" Were we that bad off when he took office?' If I have to hear him cry one more time about how tough his job was when he got it I will puke!"
   I don't want her puking anymore, I have had enough of that, after the infamous food poisoning weekend at the great Allentown fair.
  You know you love someone when you can clean up their puke. But that doesn't mean I want to do it all the time.
  
  So Ed Pawlowski made my wife want to puke. And people wonder why I am writing in Bob Lovett? Tony Phillips made her smile, but he still hasn't offered a plan, and that is the big deal breaker for me.
   Why did she smile? Tony Phillips made the Mayor squirm in his seat.

   Come on, really, what is the Mayor on? Whatever he is smoking that makes him so delusional about reality in the city, he should share that gold with the rest of us, maybe dump it in the water supply.
  How can he say the stuff he does with a straight face? Crime is not down. 70 new cops means we would have almost 300, not fewer than we had when Roy took office in 2001.
   The Mayor isn't even bothering to try and tell the truth. He just blinks, lies, and smiles, like a used car salesman. No wonder Schlossberg is his protege.
   Pawlowski has been telling the lies for so long he has started believing them. It happens. I see it in TV preachers all the time, and he would be a good one. I guess you could say he has sold the voters on the Gospel of Ed, sort of like Monty Python's Life of Brian, a Jesus Christ want to be.
   The problem is the Gospel according to Ed has about as much credibility as P.T. Barnum, who once decreed that a sucker is born every minute. I think one day the Circus came to Allentown and never left. We ended up electing the Clowns to run our government.

   I am back to this election being between Homey the Clown Phillips and Bozo the clown Pawlowski. I'm sticking to my decision, writing in the guy with a brain, Bob Lovett. I hate clowns. I want to send them all far away. Like to Iran.

2 comments:

  1. The Gospel according to Ed! I like it! Will he part the Lehigh River or walk across it?
    "Yea, though I walk through the gunfire of Linden Street, No bullet shall touch me!'

    -Chris Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Phillips 2009!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Political correctness isn't my strong suit.