Friday, December 4, 2009

Mayor Pawlowski: The Mayor of God!


Every time I see this picture, I think of Drew Carey hosting the Price is Right Game Show.

  Doesn't it remind you of him? It does me!

  Yesterday the Mayor went to the land of Delusional Liars (Washington D.C.) and today our Glorious Ruler Obama the Omnipotent  is returning the favor.

  Math is not these guys best subject.

  There was all kinds of bitching and moaning and self flagellation by City Council, but after the weeping and wailing ended, the mayor's budget will likely take effect on December 15.

   I thought I knew my math, but if you budget 81 million, and only receive 74 million, I see you as being short 7 million. but in Pawlowski approved finance world, some how that is a balanced budget.

  I think I figured it out though. Pawlowski is counting on the shortfall raining from the sky. i have a feeling that our Mayor believes he is God's chosen mayor, and that God will not let him down.

  I bow my head in a prayer of Thanksgiving, and ask God above forgiveness for not realizing the blessedness of his holy Mayor, Edwin Pawlowski. I called him a clown, I guess I am going to have to do a few extra centuries in Purgatory for that one!

  I just hope God thinks to get that manna (money) from heaven flowing before we have to make another interest payment on that "cash reserve."

 


 

8 comments:

  1. I pose this question numerous times, to people of all sorts. No one ever seems to answer it correctly. You want to try? Here it is:

    Q - How much is 2 + 2?

    A - Am I buying or selling?

    3rd baseman,

    Actually, I know Woody. I knew of the young guy working at Woody's shop. Now the young guy owns it. He was the kicker for A.C.C. back in the 90's.

    Also, I actually had a crack at buying the old guy's barber shop (not Woody's) up by Muhlenberg College. I passed.

    The barber I am talking about is somewhere behind Woody's. It is on a corner. It is kind of sunken down into the street. It is run by a retired city employee, Eskimo-George Joseph. No relation to me... I haven't seemed to find it. But because I look for it, there is always a reward. Last time it was a steak-on-a-burger at Willy Joe's. Before that it was a slice of pizza at Penn Pizza up on 19th. I know your neck of the woods pretty good, except for that barbershop. I think it is across and down the street from that meat market/grocery shop on 18th or 19th?

    Anyway, peace out and rock on, ~~Alex

    Peace, ~~Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex, I think that is the guy who was over at Greenleaf? It was downstairs, his waiting room had spots on the fllor where there was a tank for oil heat? He was really old. I was going to walk down to the farmers market in the morning, I will walk over there and get the exact place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually ed may get his manna from "heaven". obama has announced that he will fund cities so that they do not have to resort to layoff's during these troubling times. no problem if it's boots on the street (cops, street workers, etc.) but it will also justify the fatty layer of bureaucracy. of course this manna is actually still our tax money, just out of a different pocket

    ReplyDelete
  4. eskimo's barber shop was the basement across from hersh's market on 19th st.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex, I think you mean the stone place on the corner across the street from Hershman's Market at Whitehall and 19th street. He's not open today, I haven't been there since before I joined the military. A bunch of us veterans/bloggers had breakfast at the West Side Diner this morning. Next time you are in town, why don't you join us?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mr Molovinsky. I forgot that is what they called the place. Did he ever have a sign?
    My dad was good friends with Woody, people were always coming in while Woody cut hair and buying parts and supplies from Woody.
    I will have to ask the guy what woody is doing now. I haven't seen Woody in over a year, but I thought he had retired and only cut hair twice a week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys. I have to visit Eskimo next time I am up. I guess I didn't travel far enough on 19th.

    Next time I am in the area, I will give you guys the heads up. As long as they make poached eggs at the West Side Diner. By the way, is there a waitress that works there, named the most beautiful name I ever heard? Maria!

    Peace, ~~Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. They have poached eggs, but I like their eggs benedict.

    ReplyDelete

Political correctness isn't my strong suit.